December 23, 2015

Pralines

I am a candy making machine today.  The holidays always bring that out in me even though it's 80° outside with 100% humidity!  My pralines didn't quite turn out right with this outrageous weather we're having but I still decided to share them with you all.

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 6 tbsp unsalted butter
  • 1/2 cup evaporated milk
  • 2 cups pecans, chopped
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp vanilla
Directions:
  1. In a large pot fitted with a candy thermometer, combine sugars, butter, milk, salt and pecans.  Cook over medium high heat, stirring continuously.  Mixture will start to boil.  Keep cooking until candy reaches a temperature of 238°(soft ball stage)
  2. Remove from heat and add vanilla.  Keep stirring until mixture thicken.  It will start to look grainy.
  3. Drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper and let it set up.
Eat and enjoy!

* I like to make my pralines big so I usually get about 20 out of this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment